Our security guards will have access to a first aid kit.
GENERNAL GUARD DUTIES
- Be on the lookout for potential safety hazards or damage to property (for example: burned out light bulbs, water leaks and other hazards). These issues are of importance to property managers and owners.
- Always be aware of who/what is coming in and out of the area. Keep eyes and ears open for suspicious activities.
- Make sure that the homeless population is not camping or loitering within the property boundaries and asking for money.
- Make sure that street vendors are not attempting to sell items within the property boundaries.
- While on the post, every effort must be made to provide the best customer service for all employees and their customers.
- You will be expected to: Make your presence known by patrolling the area. Follow the site plan and familiarize yourself with the key areas where your presence is needed.
- Keep a friendly attitude but avoid engaging in prolonged conversations. Try not to initiate conversations but definitely respond when spoken to.
- Avoid activities that are distracting. Cell phones may not be used to make personal calls, browse the internet, or text. During your shift, you should only use your phone to contact your Team Patrol supervisor and law enforcement to report emergencies.
GENERAL GUARD DUTIES CAN BE MODIFIED TO MEET YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS
A sign at one of our posts. We have experience preventing these type of things from happening.
Call us today for a FREE consultation at ☎ (626) 380-7725. We are ready to help with all your security guard needs!